Monday 28 July 2014

Why I want to govern Delta - Peter Okocha via @iKanzee_RR

Delta State gubernatorial aspirant, Mr. Peter
Okocha, has said that his vision to govern the
state was borne out of passion to return the
state to its pacesetter status in the league of
states in the country.
He also said his vision was to ensure Delta
State becomes the best developed state with
the highest standard of living in the country.
In a chat with Vanguard, Okocha said
government was a continuous progression
without breaks or discontinuity and
consequently, his administration, if elected,
will consolidate on the good works of the
present administration.
He said: “Coming from a private sector, my
exposure as an international businessman and
my sojourn through extensive political
experience, which I gained during the Shagari
administration, has prepared me to give my
best to Delta State if given the opportunity.”
On his plans for education in Delta State, he
said: “I believe education should be affordable,
accessible, functional and driven by the
market and I feel strongly it could be provided
through government-private sector partnership
with in-built mechanisms that cater for the
needs of the qualified poor segments of our
state.
“Broad objectives shall be realised through
massive investments in schools infra-
structure, safety and security of schools, while
comprehensive fencing of schools in the state
will be done.”

No comments: